AN INTRODUCTION TO ROSEN METHOD BODYWORK
“When we dare to express what we have not allowed ourselves to feel, when we express the truth, healing occurs.” - Anais Salibian
Rosen Method explores how our bodies have been shaped both physically and emotionally by the experiences and challenges in our lives. We may sense from our environment that our spontaneous expression is not acceptable in some way so we learn to hold ourselves back/down/in through muscular tension which over time becomes a physical habit or automatic response. This is reflected in our posture, our gestures and, in turn, is reflected in how we are in life.
Rosen Method uses a touch that is soft, open, receptive, curious and insightful and when combined with quiet presence and sensitive dialogue it can bring profound relaxation and embodied self-awareness. Often, by connecting with the tensions in our bodies in the present moment, long-suppressed memories and feelings emerge. This is where deep transformation happens.
In this experiential talk you will be shown ways to cultivate this unique touch yourself as we explore:
- How chronic tension shows up in our bodies and how it may limit our self-expression
- How to “listen” to our body
- Finding connection with ourselves as we relate to others through touch
- The importance of working with touch that is kind and truthful
- How Rosen Method can rebalance the nervous system and regulate our response to stress.
A 10% discount is available on this event for students and recipients of means-tested benefits. Please book via telephone on 01242 254321 or in person, and provide proof of entitlement when attending.